- CHRISTOPH CLASSEN and WULF KANSTEINER, "Truth and Authenticity in Contemporary Historical Culture: an Introduction to Historical Representation and Historical Truth"
- ANN RIGNEY, "All This Happened, More or Less: What a Novelist Made of the Bombing of Dresden"
- WULF KANSTEINER, "Success, Truth, and Modernism in Holocaust Historiography: Reading Saul Friedländer Thirty-Five Years after the Publication of Metahistory"
- JUDITH KEILBACH, "Photographs, Symbolic Images, and the Holocaust: On the (Im)possibility of Depicting Historical Truth"
- CHRISTOPH CLASSEN, "Balanced Truth: Steven Spielberg’s Schindler’s List among History, Memory, and Popular Culture"
- CLAUDIO FOGU, "Digitalizing Historical Consciousness"
- BETTINA M. CARBONELL, "The Syntax of Objects and the Representation of History: Speaking of Slavery in New York"
Click here to read abstracts of the articles in this issue: http://www.historyandtheory.org/archives/may09.html; to download a free copy of Classen’s and Kansteiner’s Introduction or of Fogu’s essay about what digitalization is doing to historical consciousness, please click here: http://www.historyandtheory.org/freearticle.html. To read the full issue, a subscription is required.