- Louis L. Bucciarelli, Emeritus Prof. (Eng. & Technology Studies), MIT School of Engineering;
- Nathan Crilly, Dr., Cambridge Engineering Design Centre, University of Cambridge;
- Soeren Kjoerup, Emeritus Prof. of Philosophy, Roskilde University and Bergen National Academy of the Arts;
- Peter Kroes, Prof. of Phil. of Technology, TU Delft;
- Terence Love, Dr. (Eng. Des.), Curtin University of Technology, Western Australia, Lancaster University, and IADE, Lisbon.
- Peter-Paul Verbeek, Prof. of Philosophy, University of Twente;
- Pieter Vermaas, Dr., Dept. of Philosophy, TU Delft.
Friday, September 25, 2009
Cfp: "The Borderland between Philosophy and Design Research," Centre for Philosophy and Design, Danish Design School, Copenhagen, January 27-29, 2010.
Deadline for contributions: October 18, 2009. The purpose of the conference is to stimulate the flow of ideas between research in philosophy and research in design. At an operational level, the conference aims at creating personal and institutional contacts of lasting value for research cooperation across national and discipline borders. The expected audience includes researchers in design, philosophy or other relevant disciplines, whose work may benefit from or contribute to cross-fertilization between philosophy and design research. Emphasis will be on exchange of promising ideas, rather than on showcasing finished work. Accordingly, most of the presentations and discussions will take place in small round-table groups of about 10 persons. However, to provide a common background, plenary sessions will feature presentations by invited speakers and subsequent debates. Invited Speakers (Confirmed):