Friday, December 12, 2008

Critchley, Simon. "Violent Thoughts about Slavoj Zizek." NAKED PUNCH 11 (2008).

There is a serious debate to be had with Žižek about the question of violence, the necessity of the state, and the evolution of radical politics, given the seeming permanence of capitalism. This is a debate in which I would like to engage as my own position on these matters is shifting as I give it more thought. Perhaps when Žižek gets beyond windy rhetorical posturing and his misapprehension of my position as "post-modern leftism" (I defy anyone to find a word in favor of postmodernism in anything I have written), we can begin to have that debate. I am not holding my breath. . . . Access the issue here: http://issuu.com/lcredidio/docs/naked_punch_final_web3/1?zoomed=&zoomPercent=&zoomX=&zoomY=&noteText=&noteX=&noteY=&viewMode=magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment