This conference focuses on metafiction, taken to cover any fiction which represents itself as a fiction.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Mark Currie(School of English and Drama, Queen Mary, University of London)
- Ruth Ronen (Department of Philosophy and Culture Research, University of Tel Aviv)
- Murray Smith (Department of Film Studies, University of Kent)
- Kendall Walton (Department of Philosophy, University of Michigan)
- Patricia Waugh (Department of English Studies, University of Durham)
Possible topics include:
- How to accommodate metafictions within an account of truth in fiction
- Audience engagement with metafictional representations
- Metafictional narrative techniques
- Metafiction in literature, film or the visual arts
- Whether metafictions place constraints on the ontology of fiction and the nature of fictional objects.
For further details and registration, please see the conference homepage: http://www.crassh.cam.ac.uk/events/1446/.